-->

Monday 27 May 2013

Dabbling with Alcohol Inks

The weather was beautiful today and I managed to get a round of golf but at the weekend it was very dull and cloudy, so I decided to take the plunge and open some of my packets of stamps and alcohol inks which have been sitting unused for some time now.
I came up with this:-















What I did was - make the background with alcohol inks - Pink Sherbert; Juniper and Stonewashed. I then stamped the corner border with Stazon Olive Green. I stamped a butterfly onto the rest of the background cardstock and used a die to cut it out. The homemade washi tape is stamped with a bird and leaf stamp.
The teabag folded medaillon is using "Sue Richardson's Queen of the Meadows " fold. The raspberry coloured lace I made and coloured myself. (I used to make and fire my own porcelain dolls and this is some leftover lace from that).
I also did another background and stamped a flower with Stazon Black and then on top I stamped again with Adirondack Lights "Snow Cap".

Think I'll need to do the stamping thing more often as it's quite fun really and I love the unique "one of a kind" backgrounds.
Thanks for looking

3 comments:

Colette Colman said...

Lovely card Christine. I am busy doing some stamping on tissue paper that I am going to then cover a plaque with. Hope it turns out ok x

Christine D. said...

Thanks Colette, it's fun isn't it?

Chaotic Kristi said...

just saw these... really pretty!